The 2012-2013 season opens for Robert Morris basketball with a game against Rider on November 9 in Lawrenceville. Expectations are that this year's Colonials team can match last year's. They'll be replacing 14% of their minutes from last season with the contributions of only one incoming freshman.
Robert Morris will see the largest deficiency in rebounding, where the team lost 14.6% of their output. That's followed closely by assists, where they drop 11.1% from last season.
Robert Morris finished with a final overall record of 22-9 last season and landed in 3rd place in the NEC with a conference record of 13-5. The Colonials lost to Long Island 90-73 in the finals of the NEC tournament. Robert Morris lost last year's senior Lawrence Bridges (19 minutes per game). The Colonials will also have to live without Brandon Herman (9 MPG) and Darren Washington (2 MPG), who left the team.
The Colonials get back senior Velton Jones (16.0 points/game), junior Coron Williams (10.8 points/game), senior Russell Johnson (8.5 points/game), junior Mike McFadden (8.4 points/game), and sophomore Lucky Jones (8.5 points/game).
One incoming freshman joins the Colonials, 6-9 Stephan Hawkins. Other players joining the team include 6-7 sophomore Jervon Pressley, 6-2 junior Karvel Anderson, and 6-6 junior Vaughn Morgan. Robert Morris will begin their NEC campaign on January 3rd against Bryant.
Tags: Lawrence Bridges
- Since 2002, Robert Morris has an overall winning percentage of 59.3%. The Colonials have been improving over the last 5 years with an overall winning percentage of 67.6%.
- The Colonials have an average conference finish of 1.8 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 4.4.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 209.2.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Xavier (#41).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Bryant (#340).
, Brandon Herman
, Darren Washington
, Velton Jones
, Coron Williams
, Russell Johnson
, Mike McFadden
, Lucky Jones
, Stephan Hawkins
, Jervon Pressley
, Karvel Anderson
, Vaughn Morgan